Wednesday, June 9, 2010

New Home Page

OK, so I got carried away with "the science of duty" theme (that is the literal meaning of deontology) by entitling my home page thus in recent days. It is perhaps funny because it is understandable that a deontological moral theoretician would do that even though nonscholars would never have heard of the idea. But we can speak of the science of ethics more generally, with other aspects than just duty. Also, as dramatic as it is to finally succeed in a science of duty unlike previous neo-Kantian frameworks (intuitionist as they are), a much more universal appeal for scholars and activists is predicted in the form of Winning the Animal Rights Debate, the new title of my website. I think this one, accompanied by new copy, is here to stay, and it is in keeping with my soon-to-be-published book, Universal Animal Rights: Winning the Ethical Debate. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment